Welcome to Tenancy WA

If you are a tenant and you need advice - our advice line is (08) 9221 0088 or for country callers 1800 621 888. You can also book your own appointment online under the Get Help Section, and you can read our fact sheets here too. 

Protecting the right to housing for all tenants through advocacy, advice and education

Tenancy WA helps people who rent their home to resolve their tenancy problems.

Our role is to advise, support and educate people so they are able to resolve any rental issues and better understand their rights and responsibilities as a tenant.

We are here to help you with your tenancy problem if you:

  • rent a private home;
  • live in public housing;
  • live in community housing;
  • rent a caravan or a unit in a residential park;
  • are boarding in a lodging house or a private home.

If you work in tenancy advice or community services anywhere in WA, we offer a range of support services especially designed to assist you to help your clients.

We also look for long term solutions for renters in WA by getting involved in law and policy reform.


Latest News
Join the Campaign for Better, Fairer Rental Laws in WA

The Make Renting Fair Alliance is coalition of Western Australia’s key community organisations and people who rent their home.

We are working together to improve living conditions for approximately 750,000 renters in WA. Collectively we are campaigning for ten key changes to how renting is regulated in WA that would we believe will result in better outcomes for both tenants and landlords. 


Landlords & Commercial Tenants

Tenancy WA does not offer advice or support to landlords or commercial tenants.